Renting Policies & Procedures
We enjoy providing responsive, professional property management in San Jose. If you’re a well-qualified tenant looking for a new home, contact us today. We’ll show you some of what we have available, and answer any questions you have about finding a rental property in San Jose.
We’re here to help our new and future tenants. If you see something you are interested in, please review the rental process link below before calling to set up a showing. Please check back often as we are always updating our site with new properties including homes, townhouses, condos, cottages and apartments.
What Are the Rental Application Requirements?
In order for your application to be considered you must meet the following requirements:
- Sufficient Income – Three times the rental amount per month. Income may be combined by multiple applicants.
- Verifiable Good Credit – Credit reports will be checked with a national credit bureau.
- Good Previous Rental History – We will verify rental history with at least two previous landlords. You must provide names and telephone numbers of prior landlords. Applications will not be approved and we will process other applications if we cannot contact your prior landlord.
- Complete Application – This application must be complete in its entirety. Failure to complete the entire application can result in a denial of the application.
- An application to rent is required for any applicant 18 years of age or older.
- Application Fee – The application fee is $40 per applicant. The application fee is non-refundable. The fee must be paid in cash or by credit card online. The application will not be processed without the fee.
- Ability to Pay – Submit your last two recent pay stub showing company name, wage, and date or if self employed at least two years tax return and 3 months of bank statements.
- Processing Time Frame – We will try to process your application within 24 to 48 hours. Incomplete or falsified applications will be rejected. All applications become the property of Real Estate Connections.
- Office Hours – 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM weekdays. Applications can be mailed, emailed, faxed, submitted online, or delivered to the office. There is an after hours drop box labeled REC outside of our office. The application will not be processed without the application fee.
- Signing – Be sure to sign or initial as indicated on all pages.
- Please upload all required documentation including:
»Proof of income (e.g. recent pay stubs, bank statements, or tax returns)
If your application is approved and your move-in is not immediate, you will have 24 hours from acceptance to come to our office to sign the lease and pay the security deposit. This will hold the unit for you. The property will continue to be available to prospective tenants until the lease has been signed and the security deposit received.
You will be required to pay the first month’s rent and security deposit in advance. This must be paid by money order or cashier’s check only.
After signing a lease agreement with Real Estate Connections you are liable to report to us within 48 hours with a change of phone number(s) and/or place of employment.
DISCLOSURE AND AUTHORIZATION
The undersigned declares that the information on this rental application is true and correct, and understands that false statements may result in rejection of this and future applications for housing that we manage. The undersigned does further understand that all persons or firms named may freely give any requested information concerning me and I hereby waive all rights to action for any consequences resulting from such information. By my signature below, I authorize the investigation and release of information on all statements contained herein, including but not limited to a credit check, to Real Estate Connections and/or it’s principle and/or the owner of any property which I am applying to occupy.
I further understand and agree that Real Estate Connections will rely upon this rental application as an inducement for entering into a rental agreement or lease and I warrant that the facts contained in this application are true. If any facts prove to be untrue, Real Estate Connections may terminate my tenancy immediately and collect from me any damages incurred, including reasonable attorney fees resulting there from.
You are herein notified that a negative credit report reflecting your credit record may be submitted in the future to a credit reporting agency if you fail to fulfill the terms of your rental obligations or if you default on those obligations in any way.
Real Estate Connections welcomes all applicants and supports fair housing. We do not refuse to lease or rent any housing accommodations or property, nor in any other way discriminate against a person because of sex, marital status, race, creed, religion, age, familial status, physical or mental handicap, color or national origin.
Notice of the contractual relationship between the Property Owner and Real Estate Connections:
Real Estate Connections is an exclusive agent of the Property Owner and represents the Property Owner’s interest in any and all rental transactions.
REC is perfect and I would like to recommend all my friends to find a property by reaching out REC. No matter when we have a problem, the rental manager (Marty Gillum) would reply us within 24 hours (normally immediately if we sent out our email during business hours or the next day if email were sent out late evening). He is patient and kind, and the property we rented is excellent, plus the rental is cheap. The reason we moved out is because we bough a house and have to say goodbye to REC, however, I already shared REC homepage as well as Marty’s email address with my peers in case any of them want to find an apartment to live. Really appreciate your great help in the past 4 years!
What People Are Saying About Us?
Want to Learn More?
If you’d like to learn more about our properties and what it’s like to work with Real Estate Connections, get in touch. We’d be happy to talk more about our rental properties, our application requirements, and our leasing process.
Real Estate Connections has been in the business of property management, property leasing and real estate investments since 1952